Friday, October 22, 2010


PUMPKIN MUFFINS...these little goodies are soooo scrumptious!!! The recipe really belongs to my daughter Haley...she makes them for our tailgate parties...they are by far the biggest hit at the party...so I thought I would share them with you today since now you can find the canned pumpkin in your local stores...I don't know about you, but I'm stocking up on this stuff since it's seasonal. Hope y'all have a wonderful FALL weekend!

PUMPKIN MUFFINS

3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup veg. oil
2 eggs
3/4 can of pumpkin (15oz. can)
1/4 cup water
1 1/2 cup flour
3/4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 400
Mix sugar, oil and eggs...then add pumpkin and water.
In a separate bowl mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, spices and salt.
Add both mixtures together and stir in the chocolate chips.
Using muffin liners...fill them 2/3 full with the batter.
Bake for 20-25 minutes

Soooo sorry that I don't have a pic of these yummy muffins...silly me forgot to take one before they were all gone!


Linking up here!
Flaunt It Friday
Favorite Things Friday
Foodie Friday
Make It Yours Day

17 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

I love anything with pumpkin in it and thanks for the tip to stock up! I usually end up on the floor of the grocery store trying to get that last can!!

XO,
Janie

Donna said...

They sound yummy! I will go purchase some canned pumpkin.
I bet you are ready for the game tomorrow :)
Hugs,
Donna

Love the Decor! said...

Yum I bet the chocolate chips are a nice touch!!

Unknown said...

Here's a tip, since I love to make Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread. Before you blend your wet and dry ingredients, put about 1 1/2 T of the dry ingredients in a bowl and dredge the Chocolate chips with the dry ingredients. Then just dump it all in the batter (extra dry mixture too).

It helps keep all the chocolate chips from sinking to the bottom.

Cass @ That Old House said...

Oh double yum! Sounds great. And I LOVE that pumpkin you have at the top of the post ... adorable!
Cass

Anonymous said...

Yummy! It's getting to the time of year when I carb load and I'm proud of it:)

Gillian Layne said...

Yum! It's getting cold here, so there sound perfect.

Sue said...

I'm seeing more and more recipes with the pumpkin/chocolate combination. I've never done that. I have all these ingredients at home...I love it when that happens!

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

If those pumpkin muffins have any luck packed into them... make them today.
War Eagle!

Bonnie said...

they sound good w/ the chocolate! Funny you didn't take a picture! Two thumbs up for operation Christmas Child, which reminds me... I should get that done in the next week!

Laura said...

Thank you for the great recipe.
They sound wonderful.
I hope you are having a great fall.
Problems come and go, right- but the change in weather and the excitement of fall gives hope.

Laura

White Spray Paint

pp said...

I can see why these are a big hit at the tailgate parties! This sounds so good using chocolate chips in it.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love muffins...these sound great! I am trying not to bake so much, but these are tempting! ♥

Arabella said...

Y.U.M.!!! ;o)

Jane said...

Thanks for the recipe. I love anything with pumpkin so I'm going to make these.
I think I am organized enough this week to join NTT. See you then!
Jane

Kelli@Restore Interiors said...

Just dropping by to say WARRRRR EAGLE!!!!
and I LOVE the Auburn Plate!

René said...

Those muffins look wonderful and for once, I think that I have the ingredients.

-Rene

Related Posts with Thumbnails